Sunday, January 2, 2011

So I've Been Doing Some Stuff (this is a long one)

Well hey there!
I wasn't originally planning on doing any updates here until I went back to school but I realized I've been super busy and actually have some fun stories to share, so here I am!
Let me begin by wishing you all a late merry Christmas and happy New Years!  This past week has been incredibly hectic and I'm exhausted but it was all very worth it.  I saw most of you on Christmas, which was lots of fun.  I always love being around my family and being reminded of where I come from.   I was very successful this holiday season.  Some highlights from Christmas were the Santa Claus drawing contest (which I rightfully won) AND the sane list (on which I was rightfully placed at the top).
The Sane List

Christmas always reminds me of how much I love you all.  I appreciate your love and support more than I can say.  I wish Christmas came around more often.

Moving on to post-Christmas/before new years:
We left for Orlando the day after Christmas and had a somewhat stressful first night there (I won't go into that in detail).  The next day we went to Epcot and the Magic Kingdom in Disney.  The crowds were absolutely insane, all the popular rides had wait times of over an hour, the park was packed.  Nevertheless, we made the most of the Disney experience.  We first went to Epcot and rode a few rides and walked through about 10 different countries (Disney is magical like that).  Then we went to the Magic Kingdom, which was in the middle of a parade when we entered.  I have to say, walking into the park with cheerful music blasting from speakers all over the place and seeing all the characters parading around was exhilarating.  I couldn't wipe the smile off my face!

 Epcot




You can kind of get an idea of how bad the crowds were from this picture - people everywhere! 

The next day in Orlando was a bit of a flop.  We tried to go to Universal, but it just happened to have a record high number of people in the park that day, and we couldn't go in.  A bit dejected, we returned to the hotel, where my mom and I got manicures and pedicures and my dad and brother went to play a little golf.  

Now here comes the best part.  As a result of our rejection the day before, we resolved to go to Universal at 8 in the morning when it opened the next day and head straight for The World of Harry Potter.  I was VERY excited for this, to say the least.  I've been reading HP since the second grade (my parents didn't believe I was actually reading, they thought I was just flipping the pages) so HP was a huge part of my childhood and teenagehood.  Going to The World of HP was a huge deal.  Again, it was packed, but I loved it.  I was giddy the whole time. 


























We left Florida the same day and got back at round 10pm that night.  I proceeded to somewhat frantically unpack/pack to leave for New York the next day at 7:30 am.  My friend Mohan goes to NYU and was allowed to let guests stay there over the break so, he and some of my other friends decided to go up for New Years.  We did a lot of walking and saw a lot of things.  The first day we were there we went to the Museum of Modern Art and then went to dinner at a Thai restaurant.  On new years eve we went thrift shopping/walked around, and then at around 6 we decided to see how close we could get to Times Square, just for the heck of it, we had no intention of staying there until midnight.  There were a ton of barriers and blockades but we took a few shortcuts and managed to get pretty close! After that we got dinner at a nice Italian place and then watched the ball drop in Mohan's dorm room.  We then celebrated the new year by going to a karaoke bar.


The little green light in the top middle is the ball! 

Alright, I THINK that's enough for now.  I'd like to give props to my phone; I took all these pictures with it and they turned out pretty decent.  Click on a picture if you want to see it bigger.

PS. my friend showed me a video of the most ADORABLE little french girl telling a funny story, it is guaranteed to brighten your day.




Once upon a time... from Capucha on Vimeo.


PPS. Welcome to 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment