Saturday, September 3, 2011

I'm Back!

I guess since I'm at college, I should start these "Corinne at College" blog posts again!  I've officially been here for one week now and I'm loving it.  It has been wonderful seeing all my friends and even acquaintances again as well as starting class (shocking, I know) and softball.  This past week really has been a whirlwind, it feels like I've been here a month already.  Let me break some things down for you all list-style so I can touch on all the things I've been up to.  I'll include some pictures so you don't get too bored!

1.  My room
I live in a "quad" this year with three other girls.  This consists of two doubles connected by a common room.  The girl that lives with me is named Carly and the girls across the common room are named Kayla and Catherine.  We all met last year because we lived in the same building and have been good friends since early on.
This is the best picture I could find of all of my suite mates and I, along with a few other characters.  Carly is on the bottom left, Kayla in the middle and Catherine is above Carly on the left. 
Carly, my roommate, and I
The common room 
Carly and my bedroom 
2. Classes 
This semester is all about psychology for me.  I'm taking Social Psych three times a week, Psychopathology twice a week and Psych 201 which is basically research design and statistics twice a week with a 3 hour lab on Wednesdays.  Psych 201 is supposedly the "make it or break it" course for psych majors, I have to pass it in order to be allowed to declare psychology as a major.  It's a bit daunting but I plan on working hard.  The fourth class I'm taking is introduction to International Relations (IR) which I have three times a week.  My classes have been mostly introductions and syllabus review so far, so I'll have to check back later in the month to let you all know more about what they all entail.  From what I can tell right now I'll be doing a lot of reading!!!

3. Softball 

I had my first fall season practice this morning and it went really well!  We started off with the notorious 2 mile run, which I did better on than my first time last year.  It was a really slow practice because we have (deep breath) 10 freshmen on the team this year.  Yeah, you heard me, 10.  Soooo we spent the day teaching them the typical practice routine, making sure they knew where to get equipment and teaching them what they can expect for the next month.  I had a bit of a culture shock myself when Coach put me at 2nd today, a position I haven't played for about a year.  I spent all last season in the outfield, this was the first time my feet had touched dirt in many months.  It was fun, I fell right back into the infield groove.  What's really bizarre for me and the rest of the 7 returners on campus this year (3 girls are currently abroad in England) is how different the team feels without the 7 seniors who graduated last year.  Having such a different team will take some getting used to but I'm very optimistic for our future!

I think that's plenty for now.  I will try to update this at least as much as I did last year, keep checking back for more stories!  I love and miss you all so much!

- Corinne

No comments:

Post a Comment