Thursday, October 21, 2010

It's a Brand New Day

       It's really beginning to feel like fall now, the leaves are changing colors, it's getting colder and the Redskins are... well, they're the Redskins.  It was wonderful coming home and seeing everyone.  It's good to see that not much has changed except for a few haircuts.  It felt short though, I was only really home for 3 days, during which I tried to cram sleep, catching up with friends, seeing family, shopping, getting a haircut, getting my nails done, and eating at places I missed.  I didn't get to do all of the things on that list.  I did however do a lot and in the end barely saw my parents or Drew.  I did spend enough with Drew for him to tell me that he now takes showers every day; at least something I nagged him about got through.  I can't wait for Thanksgiving!
       Being back at school is quite nice.  I was more excited than I had anticipated to get back and see my new friends.  Mid-terms have come and gone, I only had one so it wasn't a very stressful time, and I'm already starting to think about classes for next semester.  Along with my usual worries I've been putting a lot of thought and effort into being healthier.  My softball coach is big on fitness and essentially said that he favors physical condition over talent, which means I need to put a lot more focus on what I eat and how much I work out.  I also just feel like this is the best possible time for me to get as healthy as I can; I'm young, I have the resources, and I genuinely want to feel better about myself.  I feel like I've been trying to "get in shape" for years but something was missing.  At this point in time I feel more intrinsically motivated than I ever have to really commit to this.      
      I think that's about it.  I know people are still trying to figure out the comment section, but until then send me an email!  Love you all!

Number of days until Thanksgiving break: 33
Number of desserts I've eaten since being back: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment